Seasonal Maintenance Worker
Company: Government jobs
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Under direct supervision, Seasonal Maintenance Workers assist in
the performance of a variety of entry-level and unskilled
maintenance and repair duties in assigned maintenance operations,
which may include parks, landscape and lighting, facilities,
service center, traffic signals and street/drainage; and performs
related work as required.
Supervision Received and Exercised
Receives direct supervision from assigned supervisory or management
personnel. Exercises no direct supervision over staff.
This is the first-level in the field maintenance class series in
the City's Public Works Department. Incumbents work under the
immediate direction of an employee in a higher-level field
maintenance class performing routine activities such as gathering
equipment and supplies, general laboring work and cleaning up work
sites and equipment.
- Performs preparatory work for maintenance activities, including
gathering equipment, materials and supplies, loading and unloading
materials, and laying out materials and equipment for
- Performs a variety of routine physical labor tasks, depending
upon area of assignment, including posting general notices, pulling
weeds, picking up litter, raking leaves and debris, planting,
painting curbs, replacing light bulbs, emptying trash bins and
performing minor custodial work.
- Performs cleanup at the end of the day or when the job is
completed, including picking up tools, spills, and debris, cleaning
work areas and performing touch-up work as needed.
- Sets up facilities for meetings and events; opens and provides
information regarding facilities for users.
- May operate a vehicle for pickup and delivery duties.
- May perform office assistance duties such as answering
telephones, receiving deliveries and stocking supplies.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level. Knowledge
- Basic preventive maintenance techniques.
- Safe working practices and procedures.
- Basic mathematics.
- Safe driving rules and practices.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and
- Principles and procedures of record-keeping and reporting.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by
effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and City
- Use hand and power tools.
- Work independently or in a team situation.
- Follow department policies and procedures related to assigned
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Make accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the
telephone or radio, and in writing.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within
general policy, procedural, and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work. Minimum
Completion of coursework equivalent to the eighth grade; or an
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job as noted
Valid class C California Driver's License required and a
satisfactory driving record
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to work various weekday hours between 6:00 AM and
4:00 PM up to 40 hours per week.
- May require weekend hours and holidays (including Memorial Day
and Fourth of July)
- Other various shifts may become available over the next 12
months; shifts are subject to change based on operational needs of
the Department Recruitment Process
The most qualified applicants, as determined by initial screening
of applications, will be invited to participate in an interview and
testing process that may consist of written and oral board
The City of San Ramon is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against race, color, religion, national origin, age,
sex origin or disability. In accordance with Federal law, the City
of San Ramon will only hire individuals who are legally authorized
to work in the United States. As a condition of employment, you
will be required to present proof of your identity and employment
eligibility. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act, should special accommodations be necessary at any stage of the
selection process, please contact the Human Resources Division at
The City's excellent benefit package includes: CalPERS retirement;
medical, dental and vision plans; 12 days of vacation and 12 days
of sick leave accrued annually; 10.5 paid holidays; 2 floating
holidays; adoption benefits; short and long term disability;
employee assistance program; group and supplemental life insurance;
and a retiree health savings plan.
Click here for a detailed summary of our benefits by bargaining
01 Do you currently possess a California Driver's License?
02 Will you be at least 18 years old on date of hire?
* Required Question
Keywords: Government jobs, San Ramon , Seasonal Maintenance Worker, Professions , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!