Electrical Engineer II/III
Company: PTS Advance
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: July 29, 2022
SUMMARYThe Electrical Engineer will be responsible for
designing, selecting, and implementing low voltage power systems
used in the operation of natural gas facilities and stations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESThese are functions a
qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or
without reasonable accommodation.
- Design, selection and implementation of low voltage power
systems used in the operation of natural gas facilities and
- Review, recommend and evaluate the design, installation, and
operations of low voltage electrical systems, instrumentation, and
power controls systems/stations to insure compliance with NEC
requirements, while evaluating them for the optimization of
efficient, safe and economical operation.
- Plan and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work while
supporting the department and Project Manager with delivery.
- Effectively interface and integrate with other Company
departments including Project Management and Engineering.
- Interface with other technical/engineering disciplines to
ensure the effective integration of electrical systems with the
overall product design.
- Assist with the commissioning and troubleshooting of electrical
equipment and systems.
- Accountable for completing tasks with quality, compliance with
applicable codes/standards, and on schedule.
- Represent the Company in area of expertise with customers,
construction personnel, and suppliers.
- Create low voltage wiring schematics and associated Bill of
Materials for wiring, cables, and controls.
- Perform hazardous area analysis, conduit routing, conduit and
- Create technical specifications, Engineering Standards,
Construction Standards, and O&M Standards.
- Ability to initiate and plan the design of lighting systems,
power distribution systems, motor control circuits, grounding,
motor drives, and secondary systems (fire and gas alarm, DC
circuits, etc.)EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- This position requires a minimum of 4 years' experience with
natural gas station projects from an electrical/instrumentation
- Thorough knowledge of P&ID's.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is highly preferred
(California and/or Colorado).
- Working knowledge of electrical codes and standards such as
IEC, ISA, NEC, IEEE etc.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented,
Keywords: PTS Advance, San Ramon , Electrical Engineer II/III, Professions , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!