Airborne Systems Operator/Technician
Company: Aethon Aerial Solutions
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Aethon Aerial Solutions Inc. brings together a seasoned team of
industry experts with over 100 years of collective experience in
airborne LiDAR and remote sensing for commercial industrial and
defense applications. By investing in the next generation of sensor
& optics technology, 4D analytical tools and building strategic
partnerships, we are rapidly expanding and can offer solutions for
manned and unmanned aerial imaging which are unmatched in North
Our passion for integrating leading edge technologies and expertise
coupled with our relentless commitment to excellence, has become
the hallmark of our team of veteran engineers, project managers,
field crews, data analysts and researchers.
The dedication of our team has enabled Aethon to develop tailored
solutions which provide a level of service beyond any other in the
Aethon continues to grow and is looking to complement our team with
an Airborne Systems Technician. For you as an applicant, we offer
the ability to work with advanced imaging and remote sensor
technology in this exciting and dynamic role.
Overview of Position:
The Airborne Systems Operator / Technician plays a key role in the
Field Operations workflow. Operation, Installation, maintenance,
calibration and repair of airborne sensor systems and GPS
instruments on a helicopter platform, coupled with planning,
monitoring and reporting on key components of the airborne
operation. This is a field-based position.
- Project pre-planning
- Detailed flight line planning
- Operating airborne sensor platform in Electric Utility
- Record and update flight logs and daily reports
- Monitor the quality of collected data
- Routine maintenance and troubleshooting of in-flight
- Post-flight, check navigation trajectories to ensure data
- Participate in the quality management system, by working to
document processes and procedures, plus offering recommendations on
- Troubleshoot & rework repairs down to the component level
- Assist in the development of training documentation for
internal/ external use
- Integration, software tuning and testing of complex
- Follow & help improve best practices for troubleshooting of
- Assemble electrical systems or prototypes, using hand tools or
- Inspect electrical project work for quality control and
- Identify solutions to on-site technical design problems
involving electrical systems equipment.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers or other personnel to
identify, define, or solve developmental problems. Evaluate COTS
hardware for ruggedness and make appropriate modifications or drive
vendor changes for use in Aethon applications.
- Assemble, integrate, tune and test complex electromechanical
- Integration, tuning and testing of optical devices.
- Operation of proprietary software to debug, tune and test
complex electromechanical systems.
- Work to deadlines to meet delivery dates for both internal and
- Interact with other departments to resolve problems and provide
continuous improvement to reflect operational results and
- Field Support for system installation/calibration, customer
training and program/process development.
- Continually improve the companies process for system
specification, configuration control and documentation.
- The flexibility to travel in the field for several weeks at a
- Other tasks as assigned
- Strong electronics and mechanical background.
- Experience and knowledge in a wide range of manufacturing
techniques and processes.
- Familiar with troubleshooting techniques and ability to read
technical drawings, data sheets and schematics.
- Strong and professional customer relations skills.
- Ability to work within a Microsoft Office environment including
knowledge of Windows, Excel and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work to company deadlines to meet customer delivery
- Work in teams to continuously improve operations and
Desired Experience and Education:
- Three years experience in the electronics and mechanical
- One year of Helicopter Crewmember experience (Flight Engineer,
Flight Mechanic, Crew Chief)
- 2 Years of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) experience (Group 2,
2/3, 3) with Remote Pilot License (Part 107)
- Prior Airborne Payload Operator experience
- Installation, maintenance and repair experience of sensors (Ex.
LiDAR, GPS and Specialized Camera Sensors)
- Experience with various test equipment and procedures
- Experience in configuration control, purchasing/procurement and
manufacturing control processes
- Associates or bachelor's degree in electronics, aircraft
systems, remote sensing, unmanned systems, mechanical technology or
We invite you to take this challenge by forwarding your cover
letter and resume.
Reference in Subject Line: Aerial Systems Operator / Technician
Job Types: Full-time / Part Time
Aethon is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications
from people of all backgrounds.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Aethon Aerial Solutions, San Ramon , Airborne Systems Operator/Technician, Professions , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!