Autonomous Vehicle Tech Specialist *TO Support Autonomous Vehicle Partner*
Company: AutoNation Reconditioning Services - Northern CA
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Overview: At AutoNation, delivering for our customers and key
partners is what drives us. We have an immediate need for an
Autonomous Vehicle Specialist to join our team in a collaborative
partnership with our large Autonomous Vehicle Partner located in
South San Francisco. You'll diagnose and perform maintenance and
repairs on vehicles operated by the Autonomous Driver. The
Specialist will have a unique opportunity to provide high quality
service on autonomous vehicles, while working with teammates in a
positive atmosphere and growth environment. -At AutoNation, we want
our employees to feel happy, healthy, and valued as they work to
provide a top-notch experience for our customers. We offer our
full-time Associates great, competitive benefits: -
- Higher income potential
- Full benefits package including Paid Time Off & 401K w/ Company
- Longevity bonuses
- Generous employee referral bonus program for Technicians
(employees can earn up to $2500 per Tech referral!)
- Employee discount on vehicle purchases, parts, & service
- Advancement opportunities -
- And so much more! -What are the daily job responsibilities?
- Performing maintenance, diagnosis, and required repairs on
- Inspecting and performing initial vehicle set up for autonomous
fleet operation and testing.
- Collaborating with and working alongside AutoNation and Waymo
associates, and partnering with teammates to improve processes and
- Document requested repairs and findings in a specialized
- Performing high quality repairs and inspections efficiently and
- Conducting multi-point inspections and system checks, making
appropriate recommendations to ensure the safety and reliability of
- Provide guidance to technician team, and effectively
communicate with Associates regarding required service and parts
- Performing all repairs according to work instructions and
- Operating all equipment in the Service Center in a safe and
productive manner, following AutoNation's Safety Standards for the
use of personal protective equipment (e.g., safety glasses, gloves,
hearing protection) while working on the production floor.
- Inspecting and testing all work performed as a Quality Control
(QC) measure as soon as jobs are completed.
- Maintaining an inventory of Technician's tools not normally
inventoried by the Service Department.
- Keeping abreast of technical information and participating in
offered training classes as appropriate.
- Understanding and following federal, state, and local
regulations that affect Service Center operations, such as
hazardous waste disposal, OSHA guidelines, etc.
- Gaining superior product knowledge to provide high quality
repairs.What are the requirements?
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two + years' automotive experience
- Electric Vehicle experience, a plus
- Hybrid or EV training and experience a plus
- Automotive technical training
- Must have a valid, in-state driver's license with an
acceptable, safe driving record.
- Ability to operate an automobile.
- 24/7 Operation / Several work schedules to chose fromWhat is
the hourly pay range?
- $25.00 - $50.00 per hourWhat are the opportunities for career
Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development.
Future opportunities may include:
- Master Technician
- Service Advisor
- Service Management -The intent of this job description is to
provide a representative summary of the major duties and
responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents
may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those
specifically presented. Career opportunities are dependent on
business and staffing needs, as well as the qualifications of
internal and external candidates. - - - - - - - - -KEYWORDS:
Jaguar, Acura, Alfa Romeo, Audi, BW, Bentley, Buick, Cadillac,
Chevy, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Ford, GM, GMC, Genesis,
Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jeep, JLR, KIA, Land Rover. Lexus,
Lincoln, Lotus, Lucid Motors, Maserati, Mazda, MB, Mercedes Benz,
Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Polestar, Porsche, RAM,
Rivian, Rolls Royce, Rolls-Royce, SAAB, Saturn, Scion, SMART,
Subaru, Suzuki, Tesla, Volkswagen, Volkswagon, VW, Volvo, Daimler,
Stellantis, Renault, Tata, Zhejiang Geely, ZGH, Service Department,
Fixed Ops, Fixed Operations, Customer Care, After-Sales, After
Sales, Service Drive, Service Lane, Express Lane Advisor, Service
Writer, Service Advisor, Service Warranty, Auto Repair Shop, Auto
Maintenance, Estimator, Sales Advisor, Customer Service Advisor,
ASE, Factory Certified, Manufacturer Certified, ICAR, CDK, ADP,
X-time, DealerSocket, Dealership, CRM, Automotive tech, Automotive
technician, Auto tech, Mechanic, Shop foreman, automotive trainer,
factory trainer, vehicle repair, car sales, automotive sales, ASM,
Automotive technician, auto tech, Service Technician, Service Tech,
Mechanic, Line Technician, Master Technician, A Tech, B Tech, C
Tech, A-Tech, B-Tech, C-Tech, GST, General Service Tech,
Maintenance Technician, Lube Tech, Oil Change, Alignment
Technician, Suspension Technician, Tire Tech, EV, EV Tech, - 91B,
mobile mechanic, electric vehicle, transmission technician, deisel,
Keywords: AutoNation Reconditioning Services - Northern CA, San Ramon , Autonomous Vehicle Tech Specialist *TO Support Autonomous Vehicle Partner*, Other , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...