EMT Basic - Located in Concord, CA
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Located in Concord, CAMore Information about this Job:
POSITION: EMT Basic, Full-Time & Part-Time
LOCATION: Concord, CA (Contra Costa County)
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is
at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and
foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams
deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas
of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We
provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services,
integrated health-care solutions and disaster response.
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) responds to emergent and
non-emergent requests for medical assistance and delivers high
quality patient care, treatment, and customer service in the most
expedient, professional, safe, caring, and cost-effective manner
possible within the prescribed scope of practice, established
protocols and Company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows and maintains thorough familiarity with evolving
medical treatment protocols, response requirements, quality
assurance procedures, local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and
other Company policies.
- Operates Company vehicles in accordance with Risk & Safety
policies; is familiar with and abides by traffic laws governing the
operation of emergency. response vehicles and maintains a driving
record in compliance with Risk & Safety policy requirements.
- Develops ability to locate addresses quickly and safely through
knowledge of number systems and street layouts with and without the
assistance of maps and electronic mapping devices.
- Performs beginning of shift checks to ensure the ambulance is
in a state of mechanical readiness; tops off fluids as necessary;
ensures that appropriate equipment and supplies are on board.
- Reports immediately to the Supervisor issues and any
discrepancies in vehicle, equipment or supplies standards that
could compromise the unit's ability to complete a call and notifies
Fleet Maintenance/Supervisor of mechanical failures of the
ambulance and equipment.
- Ensures the ambulance is cleaned inside and outside, restocked,
tagged as necessary, and fueled at the end of each shift.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient
assessment and treatment and of patient statistical and billing
information and services rendered.
- Reads medication/prescription labels and directions for usage
in quick, accurate and expedient manner.
- Communicates effectively with empathy and compassion to
interview patients, their family members, bystanders, other service
agency members and facility staff.
- Discerns deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to
patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Converses with Dispatch, facility staff and other responders
via phone or radio as to status of patient.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS & DOCUMENTATION:
- CA State EMT Card
- CA Driver's License
- Ambulance Driver's License
- American Heart Association BLS Card
- Medical Examiner's Certificate
- ICS 100, ICS 200, NIMS 700 (optional, but preferred)
- Proof of Vaccinations (to include TDaP, TB testing, MMR,
Hepatitis B, Varicella / Chicken Pox, and Influenza)
- Titers demonstrating immunity may be substituted for the proof
of vaccination, and poof of vaccines in progress will be
- Minimum 6 months of prior EMS Transport work experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Some advanced education preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as
a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive
areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong listening and comprehension abilities.
- Adaptability to quickly evolving situations.
- Strong decision-making.
- Driving Record in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving policy
(proof required if conditional employment offer is made).
WORKING CONDITIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Working Conditions : Available to work days, nights, weekends
and holidays, extended workdays. Long periods inside the ambulance.
May work indoors or outdoors with exposure to weather. Possible
routine exposure to moderate noise levels. May periodically work in
poorly lit environments in a moving vehicle.
- Physical Demands : Moderate to extended amounts of sitting,
standing, and walking. Some repetitive motion activities. Routinely
lifting more than 200 lbs. with assistance. Pushing, pulling,
reaching, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting,
carrying, typing and stair climbing. Visual identification of
color-coded items. Clear speech and hearing. Must be able to wear a
face mask or respirator with proper fit for extended periods when
- Mental Requirements : Critical thinking skills with the ability
to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses
of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Fatigue, high pressure, exposure to stressful situations.
GUIDING VALUES & BEHAVIORS:
Employees must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for
our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no
individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and
preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in
how we do it.
- Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the
communities we serve.
This position reports to the Operations Supervisor
NOTE REGARDING COVID-19: Upon accepting an offer and joining the
GMR family, new hires will be required to submit a COVID-19
vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated .
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a
More Information about this Job:
Company Benefits: Check out our careers site benefits page to learn
more about our benefit options.
Salary Range: $19.50 - $21.11 DOE (This rate applies to 12-hour
shifts and average 42 hours per week)
Keywords: AMR, San Ramon , EMT Basic - Located in Concord, CA, Other , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!