Sr Reg Relations Officer
Company: Bank of the West
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: June 6, 2021
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on
the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most
impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship
programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting
programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the
U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet,
improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of
BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable
Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a
changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we
help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and
Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking qualified to who will collaborate with
various business lines, ensuring daily activities of liaising and
interacting with regulators follow established standards and occur
in a consistent and efficient manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees the submission of information requests for scheduled
reviews and quarterly, monthly, and ad-hoc requests made by the
regulators. Assists in tracking regulatory issues and managing
documents responsive to regulatory requests, examination reports,
and other supervisory correspondence.
- Collaborates with department manager to build strong
relationships with the Bank's regulators; ensuring the facilitation
of regulator's understanding of Bank's business strategy and
- Assists in preparing periodic reporting on compliance
regulatory commitments and the status of efforts to meet those
commitments to senior management.
- Recommends and establishes efficiencies in coordinating with
regulators and in the way information is provided to regulators and
used for internal needs (e.g., regulatory calendar, summary /
themes of regulatory requests, what sending to regulators, who
interacting with regulators, what driving regulatory agenda and
- Monitors status of open exam issues and takes appropriate
action when needed.
- Escalates any matter including a potential or threatened legal
or regulatory proceeding or investigation that involves a
significant legal, regulatory, or reputation risk
Other Job Duties
- Ensures that that the Regulatory Relations Officer is kept
apprised of regulatory requests including both status and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through
advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of banking rules and regulations (e.g., FDIC and
Federal Reserve). Demonstrated ability to work independently and be
a self starter in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative and good at building and leveraging
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Superior project management skills and the ability to
coordinate compliance initiatives as required.
- Superior skills related to tracking and inventorying numerous
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to
provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without
regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West
is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female /
Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and
federal laws and regulations.
Keywords: Bank of the West, San Ramon , Sr Reg Relations Officer, Other , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!