Sr Lead Compliance Officer - UDAAP
Company: BNP Paribas
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: April 9, 2021
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on
the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most
impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship
programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting
programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the
U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet,
improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of
BNP--Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable
Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a
changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we
help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and
equitable growth.Position Summary:
Senior leader who heads a sub-function within the Corporate
Compliance organization of Bank of the West. This position is
responsible for overseeing the quality and adequacy of the Bank's
Consumer Compliance Management System and partnering with
operational business units to promote adherence to the Unfair,
Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices "UDAAP" and Responsible
Banking consumer compliance laws and regulations with a focus on
detection and prevention of consumer harm throughout the
organization. This position requires the ability to provide
proactive risk management, be solutions oriented, provide strategic
vision to the Enterprise, and cultivate deep compliance expertise.
This role will report directly to the Deposits & Responsible
Banking Compliance Program Group Manager.Position Description:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.--Other
duties may be assigned.
- Provides expertise, advice and guidance to the first line of
defense on UDAAP and Responsible Banking compliance risks, BNPP
Group Protecting the Interest of Clients (PIC) domain obligations
and emerging risks related to business strategy, processes and
practices, controls, systems/tools and changes. Provides effective
challenge to business partners relative to business strategy,
decisions and related compliance risks;
- Understands applicability and in depth requirements of all
applicable laws and regulations and related operational processes,
controls, and related effectiveness and risks. Actively monitors
and engages in related industry activities to ensure continued
understanding of emerging risks and areas of opportunity;
- Manages, develops and reviews Compliance
Policy/Program/Standards, and makes appropriate changes given the
regulatory environment, the nature and extent of the activity and
other business developments that may change over time. Manages
specific Compliance obligations as defined by BNPP Group PIC
- Supports and advises on business related control design, risks
and opportunities. Supports execution of compliance risk
assessments through liaison with the business and assessment owners
within the Compliance organization, understanding of business
related implementation of applicable requirements;
- Supports and conducts 2nd line oversight activities as
appropriate and provides timely feedback to business partners.
Applies the compliance issue management practices to ensure
accountability, sound corrective action, and requisite reporting,
and escalation requirements. Monitor progress to address applicable
compliance risks as appropriate;
- Provides guidance on due diligence of compliance risks related
to third parties, new initiatives, products and services,
regulatory changes, and other applicable business changes;
- Reviews and advises on applicable business procedures, targeted
training content and audiences, marketing efforts and materials,
and disclosures; and
- Advises on and supports applicable regulatory changes.Other Job
- Supports execution of requisite Compliance reporting and
- Supports and advises on and monitors applicable
compliance-related issues, customer restitution efforts, and
ensures alignment with issue management standards and other
applicable policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in various Bank steering committees, owns
and supports compliance policy development and updates, interacts
with other executive leaders throughout the organization, and
updates senior executive leadership regarding matters of strategic
importance to the organization.
- Oversees ongoing reviews of consumer complaints,
advertisements, loan approval and denial documentation, and all
applicable consumer related forms for fair banking risks.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years proven and progressive experience in
financial services compliance, including direct accountability for
UDAAP and Responsible Banking compliance functions.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) (Preferred)
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant Federal laws,
regulations and requirements, including industry practices,
particularly those related to UDAAP and Responsible Banking.Skills
and Abilities Required:
- Must possess utmost professional qualities including
leadership, high energy, results driven, and self-motivation.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and
skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Change and Quality Management - Communicates changes
effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Monitors
transition and evaluates results; Demonstrates accuracy and
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve
organizational goals identifies external threats and opportunities.
Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Adaptability - Changes approach or method to best fit the
- Communication - Excellent communication skills required, both
written and verbalEqual Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to
provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without
regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West
is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female /
Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws
and regulations. Primary Location: United States-California-San
Ramon Job Type: Full-time Job: Compliance Reference: 054312
Keywords: BNP Paribas, San Ramon , Sr Lead Compliance Officer - UDAAP, Other , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!