Head of Real Estate Strategy & Portfolio Planning
Company: CTI Education Group
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: February 16, 2021
Job Description - Head of Real Estate Strategy & Portfolio
Planning (053991) Head of Real Estate Strategy & Portfolio Planning
- ( 053991 ) At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive
impact on the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the
most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship
programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting
programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the
U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet,
improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of
BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable
Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a
changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we
help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and
Job Description Summary
The Head of Real Estate Strategy will be responsible for leading
the real estate portfolio transformation at the Bank of the West
(BOTW). This role will oversee the workplace strategy function
including the occupancy planning and workplace experience to manage
portfolio changes and use design and innovation to drive the
workplace of the future. The Head of RE Strategy will lead mobility
transformation, operational transformation, design of workplace
standards, as well as change management and employee experience for
BOTW. This is a key role for driving the company's long-term real
estate strategy, capacity planning and workplace experience. He/she
will manage a team of internal real estate professionals and
external strategic suppliers to achieve the organization's
objectives and improve efficiency. The role will also interface
with regional leadership in understanding and shaping regional
location strategies. The RE Strategy role will be responsible for
ensuring financial results are aligned with business parameters and
with overall goal/direction of the organization. --The BOTW real
estate portfolio consists of 5m sq ft. of 700 owned and leased
facilities, including retail branches, across 25 states.
Essential Job Functions
- Real estate portfolio performance management, strategic
planning supporting all Bank of the West businesses and
- Partner with senior business leaders to create and execute a
BOTW location strategy.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and
- Work collaboratively within CRE and other functional teams to
ensure real estate strategies and executed plans incorporate agreed
- Building optimization recommendations including Enterprise,
Business Unit and Regional plans reviewing financial implications
of long term strategy at a metro and site level.
- Identify best-in-class industry benchmarking standards and key
metrics and set appropriate goals to ensure these standards and
metrics are met or exceeded to optimize real estate portfolio
- Provide financial leadership and accountability in managing
operational expenses, one-time project expenses, and capital asset
replacement budgets in the development of facilities plans.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with internal
customers, senior and executive management, legal, tax, risk
management, landlords, vendors, consultants, and outside brokers.
Work closely with senior business leaders to develop real estate
and location strategies.
- Oversee business relationship management function to
understand, and enable business strategy. Represent BU strategies
for investment prioritization, workplace strategies and portfolio
- Lead a team of internal and external professionals to deliver
efficient and effective real estate plans, including all aspects of
people and performance management Other Job Functions
- Manage vendor relationships, contract negotiation and
financials with third parties.
- Manage and lead cross functional project teams. Required
Experience Requires advanced business knowledge, general management
and leadership capability to lead business or functional teams.
Typically has broader practical experience across multiple
professional disciplines within the organization, combining theory,
past practical experience and the organization's business
- 15+ years business experience with functional experience
spanning strategic planning, facilities management, real estate
transactions, financial analysis, project execution, and supplier
- Seasoned tenure in global corporate real estate encompassing
the management of a diverse global portfolio across both leased and
- Major multi-national organizational experience and experience
working in a matrix reporting structure with multiple business
lines and driving transformational enterprise-wide change
- Demonstrated ability to build strong team relationships and to
recognize and capitalize on organizational synergies.
- Successful experience in delivering against aggressive
timelines, continuous change, and challenging expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Facilities
Management, or related field
- Master's Degree preferred-- Profile
- Strategic Thinking and Planning--- Must be comfortable working
both at the conceptual and detailed levels, so that they can make
informed decisions and work effectively with senior business
leaders, technical experts and cross-functional teams demonstrating
deep functional knowledge and business acumen. Ability to
pro-actively develop strategies and solutions and achieve buy in.
Ability to understand business needs, speed to execute, ability to
add value, and mitigate risks (i.e. right type of site, right size,
in the right condition, at the right location, at the right price,
with the right own vs. lease decision, etc.)
- Relationship Building--- Ability to build key relationships
inside and outside of organization to ensure partnership at all
levels of leadership. Become a business solution partner, trusted
advisor, and get a seat at the leadership table of the businesses
- Influencing- Seeks to understand the level, needs, concerns,
hot-buttons, and interests of the businesses served prior to
delivering messages or conveying ideas. Does not invoke position
authority to compel business leaders to follow his/her lead.
- Motivating/Developing Talent--- An orientation towards coaching
and mentoring others in real time; takes time to get to know their
team and addresses each individual's specific motivators; able to
connect with and relate to multiple cultures.
- Communication- Clearly and effectively communicates with the
organization, ensuring that the organization's strategic priorities
continue to be understood and implemented at every level.
- Goal Accountability--- Ability to develop clear goals, track
and manage progress, and deliver consistent results are baseline
qualities for BOTW leaders.
- Decisiveness--- Proactive in terms of decision making instead
of always reacting to actions.
- Innovative--- Thinks of new ways to complete tasks and solution
against business need.
- Risk Taking--- Ability to balance taking some risk around doing
things differently without putting the company at a huge risk.
- Listening and Receptivity--- Listens to others, asks questions
to learn from others; is inclusive in communications with others,
seeks to involve and collaborate with employees/ teams.
- Collaborative & Flexible--- Motivated, strong interpersonal
skills/team player who is able to accept direct feedback. A team
player who has worked in matrixed organization and is able to drive
results and actions through working with regional leads.
- Geographic Diversity--- Ability to adapt and relate to a
diverse and multi-cultural environment. Awareness of impact of
local rules and regulations and the capabilities of the marketplace
and incorporating and seeking appropriate advice to understand
- External Perspective--- Understands the business drivers,
requirements and strategic priorities of key customers.
- Workplace Experience - Ability to develop and implement
strategies that improve ability to attract and retain top talent,
improve productivity and collaboration and improve employee
engagement. Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to
provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without
regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West
is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female /
Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws
Keywords: CTI Education Group, San Ramon , Head of Real Estate Strategy & Portfolio Planning, Other , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!