Senior Cloud SQL Database Administrator
Company: Accela, Inc.
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: January 19, 2023
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior SQL Server Database Engineer, you will work as an
individual contributor delivering exceptional customer experiences
and leading the implementation of critical features to accelerate
the delivery of Accela's products - both on the web and mobile. You
will be part of the Cloud Operations DBA team supporting production
and assisting engineering in developing new features and
capabilities built on Ionic framework.
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and
customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical
and leadership skills. You are an analytical person who has a
passion for delivering high quality software and crazy about
providing attention to details.
If you are a motivated Database Administrator / Engineer with
excellent experience in all aspects of database administration and
management, looking to join a collaborative and hardworking team,
this might be a perfect fit!
- Key member of high-performance Cloud Engineering DBA
- Participate in on-call, production support activities,
maintenance, and application releases.
- Complete customer requests within agreed upon SLO.
- Complete projects / Go-Lives as per agreed upon
- Drive incidents to resolution and permanent solution so that
the problem does not reoccur.
- Develop PowerShell automation to replace any manual tasks;
support existing PowerShell automation and contribute towards
- Deep Knowledge and Experience working with PowerShell to
automate various database and application tasks.
- Develop and support Terraform automation for provisioning new
infrastructure in Azure Cloud.
- Develop processes to transform legacy operations in to cloud
- Develop Accela's next generation Civic application
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of developers,
designers, and QA engineers to deliver high quality database
- Collaborate with developers to perform database design reviews,
database code reviews for high performance.
- Optimize the databases to maximize speed and scale.
- Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is
the best-in-class without causing any negative impact.
- 7+ years of SQL Server work experience in production.
- Must be able to work Pacific timezone hours.
- 3+ years of Azure / Cloud experience.
- Azure cloud native services
- Azure SQL Database as a Service
- Azure Infrastructure as a Service
- Azure Networking
- Experienced in all aspects of database management.
- SQL Server Availability Groups
- SQL Server Log shipping, Replication and Database
- SQL Server HA / DR
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Backup and Recovery
- Mastery in Windows System Administration and Windows
- Expert in creating, modifying, troubleshooting, and maintaining
PowerShell automation scripts.
- Experience in managing 24x7 production database
- Ability to remediate operational performance of database
- System Health/Monitor: DB Monitoring - Idera and Datadog.
- Strong experience in working with Active Directory and Azure
- Experience in Terraform for infrastructure provisioning in
- Ability to create automated remediation.
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful, and proactive
- Experience with Data migration between database platforms like
Oracle and SQL Server is a plus.
- Experience with SSRS, Power Bi and Crystal Reports is a
- Experience with Azure cloud native services, Azure SQL and
- Experience with Data warehouse and ETL processing is a
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
in a related field.
ABOUT ACCELAFor more than 20 years, Accela has been an industry
leader in designing and delivering government software to improve
efficiency, increase citizen engagement and enable the development
of thriving communities. Today, citizens are savvy to how services
should be delivered, and expect a consistently convenient, openly
transparent view into their local government. While government
agencies struggle to do more with less, our mission has never been
more critical. Accela provides a robust, cloud-based platform of
government software solutions that accelerate growth, efficiency,
and transparency in communities of all sizes. From planning, to
building, to service request management and more, Accela's SaaS
offerings level the playing field for small and medium governments
and enable smaller agencies to leverage larger city technologies.
Our open and flexible technology helps agencies address specific
needs today, while ensuring they are well prepared for the emerging
challenges of the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSIONAccela believes
in developing and nurturing a workplace community where our
differences are celebrated, and everyone feels a sense of
psychological safety and belonging. Accela is committed to putting
resources and attention towards evolving our practices, policies,
and philosophies to enable diversity to thrive and to support
equity in opportunity for everyone.
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
and will respond to requests for job accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
protected veteran status, or based on disability, gender identity,
and sexual orientation.
Keywords: Accela, Inc., San Ramon , Senior Cloud SQL Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!