Licensed Vocational Nurse
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: May 28, 2023
To optimize your experience applying to a job at Kaiser
Permanente we have created a unique and easy all-inclusive process
to apply for open career opportunities in this specific specialty
relevant to your work experience and interests. - This is for the
Diablo Valley and Walnut Creek (Walnut - Creek, Antioch, San Ramon,
Dublin, Livermore, Martinez, Pleasanton) area locations and
represents multiple positions.So, what is next?
- You apply to this single posting,
which represents an array of schedules. If you are interested in
other locations, please search for those unique postings on our
careers site separately.Allow our Talent -Team to find a suitable
job match to what you are looking for.Our talent team will coach
you through every step of the hiring process.See what it's all
about, submit your interest today!!This is a temporary position for
approximately three (3) months. Weekends may be required by
schedule.Job Summary:Provides nursing care, under the direct
supervision of a Registered Nurse or physician, in accordance with
the legal scope of practice and within established standards of
care, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent
with the Medical Center Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan of the
organization. Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to
demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical
practice; and treats co-workers, patients, families, and all
members of the health care team with dignity and respect.Essential
- The Licensed Vocational Nurse demonstrates proficiency by
exhibiting the following skills, competencies, and behaviors:
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local
- Demonstrates a professional, supportive attitude.
- Identifies and supports new ideas.
- Utilizes effective communication strategies, including chain of
command and issue escalation, which result in intended
- Participates in problem identification and resolution.
- Mentors and orients others in skill and behavioral
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in
order to assist member problem resolution.
- Prioritizes and delegates work assignments appropriately to
ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures,
and standards of practice.
- Nursing Process
- Performs patient care activities, within the scope of practice,
considering age-related needs of the patient as assigned.
- Reports unusual findings to the Registered Nurse and
contributes recommendations for revision to the plan of care.
- Adheres to hospital standards, which customize care for
age-related needs of the population served.
- Keeps health care team members' informed regarding patient's
responses to interventions.
- Collaborates with registered Nurse to develop individualized
plan of care that reflects clinical findings, planning,
implementing, and evaluating the outcomes of that plan.
- Monitors patients' progress based on the plan.
- Assures care meets standards of practice.
- Collaborates with Registered Nurse to assure completion of the
discharge plan including discharge barriers and patient/family
- Charting is legible, dated, and timed.
- Documentation reflects thorough data collection within the
scope of practice, incorporates physical and psychosocial findings,
diagnostic tests, learning needs, discharge barriers,
multi-disciplinary education plans, and age appropriate care from
admission through discharge.
- Documentation reflects that the individualized teaching plan is
followed; appropriate Multidisciplinary Patient Education Plans are
implemented within the scope of practice.
- Clinical Outcomes
- Applies standard precautions; maintains a safe environment for
self and others.
- Discusses patient findings and progress toward outcomes with
Registered Nurse, physicians, and other members of the health care
- Demonstrates competencies during the probationary period and
ongoing by completion of departmental competency validation.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement
activities, i.e., planning, and measuring/monitoring, assessing and
- Utilizes computer systems effectively and efficiently.
- Customer Service
- Practices customer service standards as defined by the Service
Area, Medical Center, and specified department.
- Anticipates the customer's desires, takes proactive steps to
meet those needs, by listening and taking responsibility within
scope to ensure issues are resolved.
- Assists members who are less than satisfied with their
experience by listening and taking responsibility within their
scope to ensure that the issue is resolved.
- Promptly answers call lights, alarms, and patient
- Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, gives patients and
their significant others the information needed within their scope
- Makes appropriate referrals under the direction of the
Registered Nurse and facilitates the customer's ability to utilize
- Maintains and protects patient confidentiality.
- Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
- Team Commitment
- Viewed by others to be an effective team member who is
flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively and
seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions and accepts constructive
- Acts as a resource, preceptor, and mentor to new employees,
registry, students, and other team members.
- Attends all mandatory meetings and in services, a minimum of
50% of staff meetings, and actively participates in other
departmental professional development. (Requirement may vary for
per diem staff).
- Participates with the assessment of current and future unit
learning needs and development of an annual education plan.
- Keeps self-informed of activities on the unit and makes
recommendations for change.
- Adheres to Attendance Policy. Reports to assigned area
promptly, being present and available for report at beginning of
- Minimizes personal phone call time.
- Supports a collaborative labor-management partnership
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Organizes work to minimize the use of overtime.
- Identifies and assists in systems improvement that need
simplification or correction.
- Utilizes payroll and non-payroll resources to their maximum
- Collaborates with physician and/or Registered Nurse to develop
individualized plan of care that reflects clinical findings,
planning, implementing, and evaluating the outcomes of
tCollaborates with physician and/or Registered Nurse to assure
- Documentation reflects thorough data collection and care
- Utilizes computer systems effectively and efficiently.
- Complies with Patient Safety Standards.
- Maintains a safe work environment. - Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of six (6) months acute care and/or related outpatient
experience within past four years.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived. Education
- High School Diploma/GED License, Certification,
- Vocational Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support Additional Requirements:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Experience requirements may be waived or modified when an
appropriate program or course is available and successfully
completed for New Graduate LVNs or for area of specialization
- Additional certification maybe required based upon department
needs within six (6) months of hire (PALS, ACLS, NALS). Preferred
Qualifications: PrimaryLocation : California,Antioch,Antioch
Medical CenterHoursPerWeek : 0Shift : DayWorkdays :
VariableWorkingHoursStart : VariableWorkingHoursEnd : VariableJob
Schedule : Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
TemporaryEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : A01-SEIU-United
HealthworkersJob Level : Individual ContributorJob Category :
Nursing Licensed & Nurse PractitionersDepartment : Antioch Hospital
- Primary Care-Flu Immuno - 0206Travel : NoKaiser Permanente is an
equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, San Ramon , Licensed Vocational Nurse, Healthcare , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...