Wound Care Certified Registered Nurse (RN), Home Health
Company: Sutter Health
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: May 28, 2023
SCAH-Sutter Care at Home - Bay
The Wound Care Certified RN (WCC) serves as a clinical resource for
the interdisciplinary team for patients with complicated wounds and
related care issues. The position is a resource for clinical staff,
administrative staff, Quality department, and materials management
department. Completes wound consults as assigned by Lead WOCN when
evaluating wound care patients and develops complex plan of care
for wound treatment, prevention and healing modalities. The Team
WCC is an integral part of the Wound Care Team at SCAH.
- Other: RN Graduate from an accredited curriculum. EXPERIENCE
- 2 Minimum of two years of recent home care experience.
- Direct patient care experience within the past five years
required. LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Registered Nurse - State Licensure - RN
- Wound Care Certified - WCC
- Driver License, Valid and in State - DL NUMBER: Continence
- Automobile Insurance - INSURANCE
- Basic Life Support Certification - BLS
- California RN License
- Other: Current PPD SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills: with
legible handwriting for documentation of patient records in a clear
and concise manner.
- Basic understanding of home care services, clinical standards
of care and practice; must have clinical knowledge and critical
thinking ability to effectively plan and provide patient care
consistent with the standards and regulations of Title XXII,
Medicare Conditions of Participation and CHAP home health
accreditation requirements, QI outcomes/benchmarking, infection
control; good understanding of reimbursement patterns for Medicare
and other payors; good working understanding of budget and other
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, motivation,
flexibility, energy, and creativity.
- Ability to form harmonious working relationships with internal
and external customers.
- Demonstrated leadership and negotiation skills and the ability
to manage resources for patient care in a cost effective
- Excellent collaborative and problem solving skills with
customers and management.
- Ability to exercise independent sound judgment in planning and
providing patient care.
- Demonstrated ability in physical, psychosocial, and
environmental assessment skills and in implementing plan of
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Administers skilled nursing patient care in a home or assisted
living environment; following written or oral instructions; assists
patients in walking and transfer from bed to chair and in patient
- Must be able to remain sedentary for approximately 50% of the
day, maneuver around objects, climb stairs and/or work in
relatively small spaces, bend over or stretch as necessary in care
provision, operate telephone and manipulate small clerical items
(e.g. paperclips, staples, etc.); ability to raise, lower, or
transfer objects and supplies from one level to another; transport
an object usually by hands, arms or shoulders; ability to bend,
stoop, twist and lift and transfer up to 50 pounds in patient
- Must be able to meet company productivity standards as
indicated by organization and manager.
- Must be able to hear, read, write, and speak clearly to
effectively communicate with department staff, other Sutter Care at
Home employees and community, and carryout essential
- Must be able to handle sensitive issues, conflict with or among
others, respectively direct and reinforce staff efforts;
effectively plan and organize and prioritize work, think critically
to both effectively plan and organize department operations
consistent with Sutter Care at Home's strategic and operating
objectives and to effectively solve unique problems as they arise
or identify when to consult supervisor.
- Must be able to deal with challenging work environment with
time demands and occasional conflicting priorities.
- Maintain a positive and professional image and demonstrate
self-directed learning to meet professional development and/or
- Is responsible for maintaining all required licensure and
- At orientation and annually thereafter, must be able to meet
Sutter Care at Home core competencies for position and area of
specialty, as appropriate.
- Must have reliable transportation. Pay Range: $61.71 - $81.92 /
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted
range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted
for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where
the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several
factors including but not limited to a candidate's experience,
education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity,
training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of
the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles
also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:
Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Number of Openings:
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer
Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, San Ramon , Wound Care Certified Registered Nurse (RN), Home Health, Healthcare , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...