Reproductive Health Specialist II-III - San Ramon
Company: PLANNED PARENTHOOD SHASTA-DIABLO
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description Planned Parenthood Northern California is
seeking a Reproductive Health Specialist to join our San Ramon
Health Center Team.Planned Parenthood Northern California generates
healthier communities through the delivery of quality sexual and
reproductive health care services.We provide healthcare and
education services to 137,000 adults and youth every year at 17
health centers located throughout 20 Northern California counties.
Planned Parenthood Northern California offers high-quality,
affordable health care to all, regardless of income, insurance, or
immigration status. We care. No matter what!Summary Work in family
planning, prenatal (if offered), and other reproductive health care
services as a member of a health care team to provide health
information to patients and health center-based services. Assist
Center Directors/ Managers as needed. Benefits
- 100% employer-paid base medical plans for single coverage (30+
hours); Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, and FSA
- Generous 403(b) matching contribution
- Paid Time Off accrual effective immediately
- 9.5 paid holidays per year; plus, an additional floating
- Competitive Compensation and ongoing financial incentive
- Potential relocation bonus
- Continuing education/license renewal allowance benefit ranging
from $400-$1000/yearEssential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as phone receptionist; book appointments, provide
information about medical services and appropriate referrals,
screen calls, provide health information as appropriate, and
- Ensure accurate completion and patient understanding of all
- Assess eligibility for funding, health insurance, and/or fees.
Collect payments and complete online eligibility processes.
- Perform accurately all vital signs and lab tests; including
blood draws and injections; document accurately.
- Work as a team member to set up and clean up exam rooms and
lab, handle lab specimens, stock supplies, and maintain lab
- Review and reconcile billing daily.
- Abstract or scan medical records into the electronic health
record as needed.
- Input and update patient information in the electronic health
- Assist the nurse/clinician/physician as indicated.
- Assist in family planning, STD, abortion, and prenatal services
(if applicable) to include providing information about pregnancy
options and support in a caring, non-judgmental, factual
- Adhere to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism, wait
time in-health center and on the phone, and the system for
addressing patient complaints.
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established
goals for productivity.
- Participate in a health center/affiliate efforts to achieve
established revenue cycle goals.
- Float RHS staff are required to travel to multiple
regional-based health centers as requested. Maybe short notice and
travel will be greater than 50% of the time.
- Active participation in the advancement of PPNorCal's
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitment.Qualifications
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or
technical school; or six months to one-year related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience working in a health care setting preferred.
- Knowledge of medical assistant practices and reproductive
- Ability to work calmly, efficiently and represent the
organization with a high degree of professionalism.
- Excellent customer service, problem-solving, judgment,
organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and to work independently and as a member
of the team.
- Flexible and able to work in other health center locations, as
- Must be able to travel to Administration Offices to attend
training and meetings as needed.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is highly desired.
- Ability to support the provision of reproductive healthcare
services to socioeconomically diverse populations with cultural
- Ability to support the provision of reproductive health care
services with a non-judgmental, patient-centered approach.
- Commitment to quality healthcare.Why Join Planned Parenthood?
- We believe everyone counts and provide care without
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and
proudly building a reproductive justice movement.
- We practice evidence-based medicine while maintaining
responsible business practices, to ensure that we will always be
here for our patients.
- We remind each other why we are here. Together, our mission and
purpose are our driving force to care for people and be of
service.Planned Parenthood Northern California is an equal
opportunity employer and works affirmatively to include diversity
among its staff and does not discriminate based on race, color,
ethnicity, religion, sex/gender identity, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, disability, income, marital status, or any
other irrelevant dimension of diversity. PPNorCal values
collaboration between employees of diverse backgrounds and
Keywords: PLANNED PARENTHOOD SHASTA-DIABLO, San Ramon , Reproductive Health Specialist II-III - San Ramon, Healthcare , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!