Director of Managed Services
Company: Bowman Williams
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Director of Managed Services Director of Managed Services
Overview:We are a well-established Managed and Cloud Services
Provider that has been in business for over 30 years. We offer
enterprise level IT experience to businesses of all sizes in the
San Francisco Bay Area. We're passion is understanding our client's
business requirements and executing long term success by helping
them plan, implement and support information technology systems and
services.Due to continued growth, we are seeking a tenured Director
of Managed Services. This person must have previous MSP management
experience.The Director of Managed Services will be 100% leadership
and management, not hands on technically speaking. You will report
directly to the President. The Director of Managed Services will
have 3 Team Lead Direct Reports and 18-20 indirect reports that are
located at headquarters in state, resources out of state that work
remotely, and resources in the Philippines.Director of Managed
Services ideal candidate:
- Someone who has been at a MSP and has a builder mentality not
only "maintaining staff"
- Currently or previously working at a MSP that is doing more
than 4 million dollars a year in business
- Must be familiar with ConnectWise RMM and PSA
- C-Level MSP Framework and Implementation
- Preferably someone with Service Leadership familiarity
- Preferably someone with ConnectWise Evolve experience or worked
at a company that was a ConnectWise Evolve member
- Coming from a MSP with significant operational maturityDirector
of Managed Services Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Director is responsible for building and maintaining a
highly technical and customer-focused team of Director and Triage
team remote, onsite, and offshore.
- Responsible for the ongoing development and direction of
workflow and process focused on customer service efficiency and
- Work closely with the Service Team leads to empower them to
manage client service escalations and interdepartmental IT needs
within the organization.
- Define Key Performance Indicators for the Engineering staff and
work with Team leads to manage to these.
- Work closely with leadership in other business units to
co-develop Service Delivery practices that drive client
satisfaction and retention.
- Manage, develop, and implement internal ticket workflow
policies and procedures that ensure consistent service levels and
- Manage the Line of Business ticketing system re-vamp as
necessary, ensuring that all enacted workflow changes are executed
successfully, and staff fully trained.
- Ensure the success of all Service Delivery groups hitting their
MS target goals aligned with the organizations bottom line and
client satisfaction scores.
- Collaborate with the Client Strategy Director to define and
maintain a core list of technologies and practices that make up the
CCS "Stack," with the overall objective of increasing systems
stability and driving down user support time.
- Work in conjunction with the Client Strategy Director to meet
and exceed the organization's Managed Services gross margin
- Participate in client meetings when collaborating with the
Client Strategy team, representing Service Delivery.
- Foster a culture of celebrating wins and looking at losses as
- Define Service Delivery objectives that support Executive
Management's high-level roadmap, using the firm's core values as
- Focus on self-improvement, refining leadership, management, and
teamwork skills to lead the team with increasing success and
- Manage and maintain the Career training platform and competency
levels in the dept are meeting company partner solution
requirementsDirector of Managed Services Benefits:
- 401(k) with company match
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Certification Reimbursement
- Annual reviews
- Performance based bonuses (up to $20k) Opportunity Location San
Ramon, CA Proposed Salary $140,000 - $160,000Bowman Williams is a
national specialized staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and
Managed Service Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top
200 Best Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for
candidates looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions
and Services industry.
Keywords: Bowman Williams, San Ramon , Director of Managed Services, Executive , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!