2022 Product Management Intern - AI and Digital
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Five9 provides businesses reliable, scalable, and secure cloud
contact center software designed to create exceptional customer
experiences, increase agent productivity, and deliver tangible
We are driven by a passion to transform contact centers into
customer engagement centers of excellence. Since 2001, Five9 has
led the cloud revolution in contact centers, helping organizations
transition from legacy premise-based solutions to the cloud.
At Five9 we are committed to providing an exceptional experience
for our interns. We tailor our program to provide participants with
real, impactful work, contributing directly to the continued
success of Five9. Through our Speaker Series and Events, you'll
have the opportunity to meet and learn from some of the best in the
The internship is a full time, paid internship. The program runs 12
weeks with the opportunity to start in late May or early June.
As an intern at Five9, you can expect to:
Learn. Learn about Five9, our culture and what makes Five9
"The culture at Five9 is spectacular. From day one, my team and
everyone I've spoken to has welcomed me into the family. People
really care about you and want to see you succeed. They motivate
you into being the best version of yourself!" - 2021 Marketing
"Overall, Five9 has given me an incredible experience that I will
never forget. From the weekly intern hangouts to organized speaker
events, I felt at home at this job." - 2021 Professional Services
Contribute. Contribute to the success of the company, your team,
and real, impactful projects.
"I am most proud of owning the entire provisioning portal as part
of the new cloud train, which will hugely impact how we release new
products in the future!" - 2020 Associate Product Manager
Grow. Grow as a student, an employee, as a person!
"My manager is very trusting. She knows that I am new to the whole
Five9 product suite but has set up a safe environment for me to
make mistakes, learn, and explore. She trusts me to work on
projects on my own and helps me when I ask questions along the
way." - 2021 Product Management Intern
- AI, Automation & Digital Product Portfolio at Five9 is the
fastest growing area and is looking to rapidly increase the
innovation velocity to bring new products to market.
- The Product Management intern will be an integral part of the
Artificial Intelligence (AI), Automation & Digital Product
Management Team to do market research, gather customer
requirements, work with Engineering to build innovative products
and enable our GTM teams to position and sell the
- The PM Intern will collaborate with a cross platform team of
data scientists, engineers, designers, customers, sales and
marketing teams to improve our products, decide on what features to
prioritize and how to increase product engagement metrics.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following
- Use a combination of metrics, product intuition to deliver
products in cloud CCaaS space.
- Lead Agile Scrum teams by participating in sprint ceremonies
(standup, grooming, retros, etc.)
- Work with the Five9 UX Design team to bring user experience
applications from concepts and prototypes through to finalized
- Work with key stakeholders (internal, external, customer) to
understand customer, market and strategic requirements and
translate them into Features, Epics, and User Stories.
- Develop product business cases and lead the products from
concept to general availability.
- Establish relationships with customers (new and existing) to
test new products and manage feedback effectively to favorably
impact product outcomes.
- Partner closely with the Engineering Team to ensure that
requirements are clear, understood and prioritized, and are
development, tested and delivered in-line with Five9 agile and
industry best practices.
- Work with Product Marketing and Sales Readiness to develop the
product positioning, value proposition and pricing.
- Understand industry trends, emerging technologies, new user
experience paradigms and competitor offerings and align product
roadmap for differentiation and market leadership.
- Provide product subject matter expertise in support of lead
customer engagements, customer presentations, customer user group,
and industry conferences.
Experience & Capabilities:
- 3-5 years in software product management experience delivering
end user experience for an enterprise SaaS product or delivering
end-user experience for millions of users for a consumer
- 2+ years of consulting experience in a top-tier management
consulting or investment banking firm or corporate
strategy/development in a technology company
- Extensive experience developing and executing large,
multi-faceted product deliveries, with a history of successful
launches, across data and product creation platforms.
- Experience in managing cloud/web apps for enterprises with
complex user flows (user management, permissions, security, PII
- Experience analyzing analytics (HEAP, Looker, Tableau or
similar) and presenting to product leadership teams
- A talent for working with users, stakeholders and decision
makers to validate UX concepts, seek input on requirements and
obtain feedback on usage.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-organization, up and down
management levels, and with globally distributed office
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferably in Computer
- Pursuing Master's degree, preferably MBA
Five9 embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that
represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The
more inclusive we are, the better we are. Five9 is an equal
Our headquarters are located in the beautiful Bishop Ranch Business
Park in San Ramon, CA.
Keywords: Five9, San Ramon , 2022 Product Management Intern - AI and Digital, Executive , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!