Director of Content Strategy
Company: BlackBerry Inc.
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Worker Sub-Type:Regular --Job Description:-- BlackBerry is
looking for a Director of Content Strategy to make a significant
impact through compelling storytelling and measurable content
experiences to fuel BlackBerry's thought leadership. If you are
highly strategic, collaborative and creative, then you're exactly
who we are looking for. And if you can combine these talents with
an understanding of how content can achieve measurable business and
communications goals, you'll thrive in this role.You'll lead a team
of writers, former journalists-freelancers, to define, manage and
own BlackBerry's global content strategy, and you'll be comfortable
to roll up your sleeves to write, edit, and produce thought
provoking content.--We are looking for a leader who enjoys a
fast-pace, is passionate about storytelling in all forms - blog,
video-script, whitepaper, research report or guide, use case, or
other - to tell our story.--You are a leader who is passionate and
understands the depths of the security space, security technologies
and innovation, cyber, AI, IoT/IoE, endpoint security, cloud/IT,
and constantly thinking of inventive ways to drive greater impact
through written content. This role reports to the Head of Global
- Define, implement, and own the global content strategy, content
calendar(s), and delivery of KPIs.
- A thinker and strategist who can collaborate with internal
stakeholders to develop clear, concise, and engaging content
aligned with BlackBerry messaging, keywords/search, and brand.
- Plan, write, manage, edit, a wide variety of content including
blog posts, best practices and how-to pieces, whitepapers,
ghostwritten articles, corporate marketing copy-collateral, guides,
scripts, and more.
- Develop thoughtful, compelling and approachable content assets,
that lead to tangible, positive results for our audience - winning
hearts and minds.
- Lead the team towards delivery of world-class content and
messaging that drives awareness, perception, and preference of
- Help the content team establish the frameworks that hold our
content to high standards of clarity, effectiveness and style,
ensuring that all content is on-message, on-brand, and leveraging
its full potential.
- Collaborate closely, in partnership, with Product Management,
Program Management, Threat Research and Insights, Demand
Generation, and Customer Advocacy teams, to help incorporate our
product/solutions messaging into content strategy to differentiate
us amongst key audiences.
- Ensure all content is consistent in terms of style, quality,
tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all
channels of content.
- Copyeditor, an arbiter of best practices in grammar, writing,
- Ability to act effectively with high-level
- A deep pulse and knowledge of the cybersecurity/security space,
with relationships/following in that community, to guide authentic
content geared to those audiences.
- Have proven work experience managing content strategy globally
with a campaign-based, insights-led approach and a portfolio to
back it up.
- Understand that content has to be great, but more importantly,
it has to also achieve business and communications goals; build
preference, and map to KPIs.
- Thrive and enjoy working in a fast-paced and changing
environment (transformation brand).
- Have excellent analytical skills to put data/insights at the
heart of the content strategy.
- Are able to connect compelling, thought provoking stories to
customer and/or industry challenges (how/where BlackBerry
- A leader who is versatile with their experience and can write
long form and short form.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with a BA/BS (or 8 years with
MA/MS) in a global content role; including writing experience with
B2B technology companies; experience in security/cybersecurity
space; agency and/or in-house environments.
- Security journalist, editor, editor-in-chief experience is
- Management experience requirement 4 years plus 2 years of Sr.
Mgmt./Director level.#LI-ST1Job Family Group Name:Marketing &
CommunicationsScheduled Weekly Hours:40 0:00 / 1:35 Posted 12 Days
Ago Full time 20200907 About Us BlackBerry (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) is a
trusted security software and services company that provides
enterprises and governments with the technology they need to secure
the Internet of Things. Headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, the
company is unwavering in its commitment to safety, cybersecurity
and data privacy, and leads in key areas such as artificial
intelligence, endpoint security and management, encryption and
embedded systems. You couldn't choose a more exciting time to
consider joining us! For more information, visit BlackBerry.com and
follow @BlackBerry. It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal
employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the
basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or
citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis
protected by law. EEO Minorities/Females/P---rotected---
Veteran/Disabled BlackBerry strives to create an accessible and
inclusive application and selection process and is committed to
working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job
applicants who may require provisions to participate in the
selection process. Should you require an accommodation, please
contact-- firstname.lastname@example.org --or contact our HR department
by calling 1-519-888-7465. We will reply to your request as soon as
Keywords: BlackBerry Inc., San Ramon , Director of Content Strategy, Executive , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!