QA Engineer II (Contract Talent)
Company: Robert Half-Robert Half Corporate
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: August 6, 2022
JOB REQUISITIONQA Engineer II (Contract Talent)LOCATIONSAN
RAMONJOB DESCRIPTIONRobert Half is seeking a QA Engineer II who
will develop and execute test plans and functional (Automated and
Manual) use cases to ensure that products meet user needs and
business requirements. Develop and maintain a testing strategy that
includes design, execution, and documentation of test cases,
defects tracking, and test coverage analysis. Identifies,
recommends, and implements changes to enhance the overall
effectiveness of system and overall solution testing strategies.
Coordinates project resources including employees, contractors,
remote testers at vendor location(s), in testing of various RH
software and/or hardware solutions. Partners with IT Verticals and
Business teams regularly to achieve system verification and
validation objectives. Provides technical guidance to IT Verticals
and Business teams regarding quality processes, tools and
methodologies in order to establish an effective and efficient
quality culture.This is a contract positionSpecific
responsibilities will include:
- Writes and maintains detailed test cases/scripts that are
aligned with user and business needs.
- Reviews business requirements, functional specifications, and
user information to understand end user requirements and business
- Review with appropriate SMEs to validate understanding.
- Design/maintain test plans including cycles, cases/conditions,
expected results and requirement mapping.
- Coordinates and participates in all testing activities,
including planning, designing, scripting, execution, and
- Manages multiple testing processes of moderate complexity
- Defines scope and approach of system testing effort.
- Leverage standard quality reporting metrics.
- Provide accurate effort estimates for project test effort
- Stage data to meet testing requirements, based on thorough
knowledge of those requirements.
- Consults with product development and business analysts to
ensure clear understanding of requirements and business
- Provides direction to others on the qualtiy team as
- Execute and validate test cases/scripts and identify
discrepancies of actuals versus expected.
- Ensure best practices are followed by all test team members on
project associated with testing process and documentation.
- Research and verify issues as required.
- Provide appropriate detail to document issue for development
team and context regarding impact and priority.
- Review issue reporting progress and process to ensure timely
- Identify and facilitate defect resolution with functional and
- Participates productively in meetings with multiple
participants (sometimes high profile). Draws on prior experience to
ask the right questions.
- Provides real time status updates.
- Prepare daily and weekly status reports on progress against
work plan, including risks and issues.
- Monitor test progress across pre-defined test exit
- Create final test summary report including lesson learned.
- Prepare and update test work plans after each project
- Delineate team tasks as associated with overall testing effort
and understand dependencies/entry criteria to start test case
- Define test approach to ensure common framework and identify
issues for test planning and execution.
- Work with the engineering leads/business analysts to understand
project architecture, business requirements, functional
requirements to devise an appropriate test strategy.
- Provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced test
- Coordinate the activities of other testing resources across the
- Develops and maintains testing processes while also thinking
creatively to leverage ideas for process
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent
- 6+ years product testing and verification or related experience
- Intermediate experience with software test planning, execution
and validation, including expertise with various testing tools and
methods (SQL, Robot Framework, QTest, Jira, ServiceNow).
- Intermediate experience in test environment managements, test
collaboration, tools selection and implementation in a medium to
large company with a global environment.
- Thorough familiarity with business process and data flow
identification and documentation.
- Intermediate experience testing application interfaces and data
- Intermediate experience focusing on a specific
- Solid understanding of hardware architectures.
- Experience with scripting preferred.
- Experienced with industry standard code review practices.
- Experience testing Cloud (AWS preferred) based solutions
- ISTQB Testing Fundamentals
- Thorough knowledge of the overall application development life
cycle. Agile preferred.
- Ability to conduct test planning and execution with off-site
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret business
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities and remain flexible in
a changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to demonstrate professional judgment with the ability
to appropriately influence others as needed
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to develop and manage multiple vertical-wide test
plans, meeting established deliverables and timelines
- Ability to provide guidance, mentoring, and
- day-to-day support to lower level personnel
- Ability to conduct training
- Ability to create complex process flow diagrams or flowcharts
that demonstrate business or system process flow
- Ability to facilitate, conduct meetings, gather information,
and present status
- Ability to design testing solutions for new processes and new
business practices.At Robert Half, theres more to us than what we
do. Learn about our values and what its like to work for the
largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon,
California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at
roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video .Robert Half International
Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/VeteranAs
part of Robert Halfs Corporate Services facility employment
process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful
completion of a background check.Robert Half is committed to being
an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job
seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe
you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job
opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an
email to HRSolutions@roberthalf.com or call 1.855.744.6947 for
assistance.In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to
apply.JOB LOCATIONCA SAN RAMON CORPADDITIONAL LOCATION
Keywords: Robert Half-Robert Half Corporate, San Ramon , QA Engineer II (Contract Talent), Engineering , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!