Marketing Database Analyst
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: February 15, 2021
About This Role
This role will ensure Accela can reach and influence it's Total
Addressable Market as effectively and efficiently as possible.
The Marketing Database Analyst will primarily be responsible for
growing, enriching, and managing the Accela database of marketable
customer and prospect contacts and segments, as well as analyzing
and reporting out on marketing performance.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Marketing, this individual
will partner with Field Marketing, Marketing Ops, Sales, Sales Ops,
Product Marketing, and leadership to define database growth
strategies, evaluate and implement tools to assist in cleaning and
normalizing the database, and will team closely with Demand Gen
peers to identify effective audience segments to target for various
marketing activities and strategies. The ideal candidate will have
a strong working knowledge of marketing and understands how lead
generation activities support sales efforts.
You will own and manage the marketing database, including all its
data, processes, and reporting, including matching data from
different sources against the existing marketing database, as well
as refreshing segmentation, tiering, profiling, job functions,
contact data and ensuring all scores and models remain up to date.
You will maintain and improve the quality of the marketing dataset
through the development of automated processes and managing manual
You will also be responsible for producing, automating, and
maintaining marketing performance reporting and analysis - using
the existing tools of Salesforce, Marketo, and Power BI. Both
marketing KPIs and business impact metrics will be tracked. In
addition, you will maintain and update marketing data governance
Impact You Will Make In The Role (Responsibilities)
- Maintain Accela prospect and customer databases to ensure their
cleanliness, organization, accuracy, and completeness.
- Design campaign lists targeting customer and prospect segments
to generate and optimize quality leads for marketing
- Work with marketing and sales stakeholders to document and
streamline operational functions across tools to ensure that data
is captured, tracked, and reported correctly and consistently.
- Work closely with cross-functional team members to develop and
implement strategies to grow the marketable database in desired
segments and support customer acquisition and expansion
- Conduct routine, in-depth assessments of the database to
determine areas of needed growth and hygiene, provide
recommendations for improvement, and implement.
- Works and consults with marketing peers on future strategies,
and responds to list selection requests for direct marketing
campaigns, research efforts, adhoc reports and issue analysis.
- Researches and documents variances in campaign volumes month to
month, maintaining all relevant performance reporting.
- Creates robust controls for list generation, and ensures all
data capture needs are met, through contact history, including file
hygiene and offer history.
- Partners with internal teams to ensure the integrity of data in
the direct-to-consumer marketing data warehouse.
- Partner with internal Marketo team to investigate data sync
issues between Salesforce and Marketo and provide improvement
process and workflow recommendations.
- Import new prospect data and update current customer data.
- Develop analytic reports and appropriate dashboards to track
- Support routine, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reporting of
Marketing progress towards goals.
- Work with 3rdparty vendors (e.g. list acquisition agencies,
data cleansing/appending agencies).
- Determine the set of tools, automation, and processes needed to
scale with the business.
Expertise You Will Bring In (Skills And Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience working in a
marketing database or marketing analytics role, preferably in a
SaaS company and / or regulated industry
- Superior working knowledge of marketing and database quality
best practices, and best-in-class data hygiene practices
- Power user of Microsoft Power BI or similar business
- Power user of Salesforce.com, prior role as an Admin a
- Good working knowledge of Marketo or comparable marketing
- Power user of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated success presenting large datasets in a clear and
compelling manner that inspires action by sales and marketing
- Proven history of collaboration and creative problem solving
while working independently and in cross functional teams
- Ability to translate campaign strategies into data extract
files and support campaign projects across multiple channels
- Ability to conduct campaign performance analysis and
communicate results to cross-functional teams
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations
based on analysis and expertise
- Strength prioritizing and organizing effectively in order to
manage multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to work well with people from all areas of the
organization, many different disciplines and varying degrees of
technical and business experience.
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting,
service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years
of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a
robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best
practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can
improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community
development and creating an environment where citizens and
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance,
productivity and collaboration. You can't help but feel empowered
and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are
passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth
software organization with proven technology.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify
and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is
a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender
identity, and sexual orientation.
Keywords: Accela, San Ramon , Marketing Database Analyst, Advertising , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!