Accounting Policy Manager
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: February 11, 2024
As a valuable team member, your duties will include, but not
• Responsible for managing a group of accounting positions that
will provide accounting expertise to the various business line
groups throughout our bank. In addition to; this position is
responsible for establishing relationships and a high-profile
leadership role by providing accounting policy expertise to senior
management and business group managers. Requires high-level
expertise due to impact of decisions to the Bank.
• Research and monitoring
• Acts as the bank's primary interface with accounting
pronouncements, including, but not limited to those written by the
• Securities & Exchange Commission
• Financial Accounting Standards Board
• International Accounting Standards Board
• Derivatives Implementation Group
• Emerging Issues Task Force
• FDIC, Federal Reserve and Office of the Comptroller of the
• Maintains and updates the our Accounting Policy Manual
• Ensures that the Executive Management Committee and Audit
Committee are informed of major changes
• Presents to senior management, at their request or need, a basic
understanding of certain accounting policies or issues. Also keeps
Finance management apprised of exposure drafts and developments
that may affect the Company by the pronouncement makers.
• Prepares well-organized, comprehensive and pertinent white papers
for complex issues and transactions.
• Works with the Business Line Groups to ensure General Ledger
balances related to large or complex transactions are properly
stated in accordance with the our Accounting Policy Manual and
generally accepted accounting principles, and that major financial
accounting procedures and controls are in place and
• Works with the Business Line Groups on implementation of changes
to the Bank's accounting policies, procedures, standards and
• Advises project teams on specific accounting issues pertinent to
new products, major business and organizational events and system
conversions, and upgrades and enhancements.
• Interacts with BNPP Controller's Department when questions and
issues arise that are related to International Financial Reporting
Standards (IFRS); works with Business Line Groups to ensure that
information and process needed to report transactions on an IFRS
basis is captured. (BNPP Controller's Department has primary
responsibility for maintaining the BNPP accounting policy manual
based on IFRS).
• Responsible for acting as a liaison between Controller's
Department and Business Line Groups, working on significant and
complex areas of bank accounting; managing the rest of the
department to do the same.
• Manages staff including selection, motivation and performance
management. Allocates resources effectively.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• $140,000 - $175,000
• Comprehensive and competitive Benefits package.
Keywords: , San Ramon , Accounting Policy Manager, Accounting, Auditing , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!