Principal, Construction Manager Vegetation Operations (Flexible Location)
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Requisition ID# 136208Job Category: Maintenance / Construction /
OperationsJob Level: Manager/PrincipalBusiness Unit: Operations -
OtherJob Location: San RamonPosition SummaryThe Principal
Construction Manager is responsible for leading initiatives across
the Vegetation Management Construction Management organization.
This individual will provide oversight and guidance across various
initiatives across the organization. The Principal will provide
strategic guidance and drive process improvements across the
Vegetation Management Central Invoicing team and various audits. In
addition, this position will supervise internal and Contracted
staff to meet operational goals, coordinate with teams to complete
projects, collaborate on larger organizational priorities, and
conduct project tracking / monitoring to ensure success.
- Travel approximately 25% with occasional overnight stays.
- This position offers a flexible work location within the
PG&E service territory.Key Competencies:
- Project Management: manage projects that involve many variables
including time, people, logistics, resources, specifications, and
ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Critical Thinking: oversee and provide logic / reasoning to
identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions, and approaches to problems.
- Teamwork: plan and coordinate the work of others and work
effectively as a leader or individual contributor.
- Decision Making: make detailed and timely decisions based upon
a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgement.
- Effective Communication: prepare effective written and verbal
reports and presentations, as necessary.PG&E is providing the
salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay
for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation
range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary
paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including,
but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or
certifications, experience, market value, geographic location,
collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity. A reasonable
salary range is:Bay Area Minimum: $136,000Bay Area Maximum:
$232,000&/ORCalifornia Minimum: $129,000California Maximum:
$220,000This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E's
discretionary incentive compensation programs.Responsibilities:
- Works autonomously, applying unique subject matter expertise to
solve complex problems, anticipates issues and develops innovative
- Drives process improvements and oversees metrics / reporting
within the VM Construction Management team.
- Facilitates processing of Purchase Requisitions and establishes
- Distributes guidelines, communications, and process materials
across Operations team and Suppliers.
- Conduct analysis of invoices, contractual terms, and work
- Oversee and provides mentoring across team.
- Interacts with senior management to support strategic planning
and decision making.
- Partners with Sourcing and Contract Management to ensure
invoice processes are being followed per contractual terms.
- Monitors activities and ensures projects meet the program's
safety, quality, cost and schedule goals.
- Maintains relationships across team to ensure project details
are communicated to stakeholders.
- Attends meetings and represents the CM organization effectively
to internal and external stakeholders. QualificationsMinimum:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Forestry,
Environmental or equivalent experience
- 10 years or more of experience in the field of Project
Management or OperationsDesired:
- PMP certification is ideal.
- Unique attention to detail.
- Foundational knowledge of natural resource management,
agriculture, environmental sciences, forestry or related
- Vegetation Management background and knowledge of
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a
constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to work under stress from demanding deadlines, public
contact, and changing priorities and conditions.
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience with ability to lead
trainings and coach team.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal
supervision and to assume responsibility.
- Ability to perform cost and project scheduling.
- Ability to understand and interpret work procedures, process
documentation, work methods, standards, procedures, and
- Demonstrates skill in achieving cooperation from others in
order to achieve a goal.
Keywords: Pacific Gas and Electric Company, San Ramon , Principal, Construction Manager Vegetation Operations (Flexible Location), Accounting, Auditing , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...