Project Accountant (Construction)
Company: Homes Built for America
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Project Accountant (construction) - Homes Built for America We,
Homes Built for America, are stewards of the American dream and
commit our energy, passion, and resources to its achievement. Our
mission to build quality homes, communities and relationships is
founded on a bedrock of integrity, trust, and the pursuit of
excellence. Innovation inspires us, and we look beyond the status
quo to exceed expectations and contribute to a brighter future. It
is in this spirit that we enter into each day, prepared to deliver
to the best of our abilities. If you are excited about our company
and would like to join our amazing team, then you are in the right
place - we have an exceptional opportunity for you! Homes Built for
Ame`rica is a rapidly growing construction company looking for a
self-driven talented full time construction accountant. - - - - - -
- - - - -Responsibilities:
- In this role, you'll be responsible for the accounting
operations for select construction projects of the company,
reporting to the VP Finance / Controller with significant
interaction with the Director of Operations, CFO and
- Proactively managing and maintaining a variety of documentation
such as building permits, lien releases, insurance certs, W-9
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with vendors
- Preparing and processing vendor invoices, job cost coding,
matching with internal POs and submitting invoices for management
approval of amount, terms, job codes and payment.
- Reconciliation of vendor statements and work on resolving
payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company.
- Schedule and prepare checks, ACH and wire transfer payments,
monitoring discount opportunities, and other cash management
responsibilities, subject to supervisory approval prior to
- Maintain Lien Waivers Log; ensure that all waivers are received
and contact vendors for missing waivers.
- Maintain vendor certificates of insurance and work directly
with 3rd party insurance groups.
- Assist with monthly draw requests presented to lenders.
- Prepare Intercompany allocation Invoices for vendor invoices
posted to the various construction / project entities. --- - - - -
- -Keep a record of all project finances for internal/external
auditing and tax purposes.
- Run monthly financial reports within Jonas Premiere accounting
software and provide reporting and variance analysis as required by
- Provide month-end accounting close support.
- Setup new commitments and process commitment change orders
throughout the month.
- Assist Project Management team in the reconciliation of
purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Participate in weekly project task list meetings by providing
status updates on accounting, accounts payable and other matters
relative to purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records
management relative to the Accounts Payable function in accordance
with records retention policies and procedures.
- Other assigned tasks as assigned.Requirements/Skills:
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in construction accounting is
- Excellent knowledge of construction cost accounting and related
- To be an analytical and detail-oriented individual with a high
level of financial accuracy,
- An understanding of commercial insurance policies, lien
establishment and release procedures, construction and contract
terms is required,
- Familiarity with accounting software, such as Jonas Premiere
and NetSuite is preferred,
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Meticulous attention to detail and a high level of
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal
- Computer and software skills including the ability to operate
computerized accounting, spreadsheets and Microsoft Office programs
at a proficient level, with Excel proficiency required.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating in an
effective manner with both internal and external parties.
- Protect organization's core values
- A high strict standard for keeping company information
- Act in a professional and courteous manner, representing the
highest standards of business conduct, integrity, a positive
attitude, collaborating with co-workers as appropriate and working
to promote a cooperative, productive teamwork environment.
- Be honest and trustworthy, respectful, and flexible
Keywords: Homes Built for America, San Ramon , Project Accountant (Construction), Accounting, Auditing , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!