Clinical Research Coordinator (RECOVER Multi-Site Study)
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: January 10, 2022
The Stanford Center for Clinical Research (SCCR) is a growing
academic research organization within the Stanford Department of
Medicine. Our mission is to advance impactful clinical research
through quality operations.
In collaboration with the Division of Infectious Diseases and
others at Stanford, SCCR is seeking multiple Clinical Research
Coordinator Associates (CRCAs) to perform duties related to the
coordination of a large, complex COVID study. This exciting Team
Science project involves multiple disciplines and units, including
Infectious Diseases, Transplant, Hospital Medicine, Emergency
Medicine, Population Health, and the Innovative Medicines
The CRCAs will work in a dynamic atmosphere and as part of a large
team in a supportive environment. There will be the opportunity to
work closely with fellow coordinators and research assistants,
physicians, nurses, and technicians. Direct patient contact is a
primary responsibility of this role. The CRCAs are required to have
the ability to multi-task in a high-energy environment. A flexible
work schedule, outstanding communication and organizational skills,
and attention to detail are required in a successful candidate.
The CRCA will act as a point person for participants and staff,
present at meetings and huddles, and troubleshoot research related
issues. The CRCA may engage with a pool of coordinators to support
other research studies across the Department of Medicine. The CRCA
will be responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state,
local, and sponsor regulations and work under the direction of
their supervisor. The CRCA will work under close direction of the
principal investigator and/or study coordinator/supervisor. Other
duties may also be assigned.
- Serve as primary contact with research participants, sponsors,
and regulatory agencies. Coordinate studies from start-up through
- Determine eligibility of and gather consent from study
participants according to protocol. Assist in developing
- Coordinate collection of study specimens and processing.
- Collect and manage patient and laboratory data for clinical
research projects. Manage research project databases, develop flow
sheets and other study related documents, and complete study
documents/case report forms.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit
case report forms for completion and accuracy with source
documents. Prepare regulatory submissions, and ensure Institutional
Review Board renewals are completed.
- Assemble study kits for study visits, monitor scheduling of
procedures and charges, coordinate documents, and attend monitoring
meetings with sponsors, acting as primary contact.
- Monitor expenditures and adherence to study budgets and resolve
billing issues in collaboration with finance and/or management
- Interact with the principal investigator regularly, ensuring
patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and
research data in appropriate files per institutional and regulatory
- Participate in monitor visits and regulatory audits.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
- Clinical research coordinator experience.
- Clinical research operations certificate or interest in working
- Valid CA driver's license.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Two-year college degree and two years related work experience
or a Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent
combination of related education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Working toward certification(s) to perform basic patient
measurements and tests, such as phlebotomy and EKG.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based
computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry,
push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and
file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects
that weigh 40 pounds or more.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will
provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability
who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of
his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/ .
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms.
Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and
research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized
the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is
our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to
impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition
reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening,
or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous
time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds
of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise
facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails,
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing
incentives, discounts and more.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford
University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply
to all university employees, including those working remotely in
the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more
about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff,
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4924
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 92069 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, San Ramon , Clinical Research Coordinator (RECOVER Multi-Site Study), Accounting, Auditing , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!